Top Health Issues In Pakistan
In Pakistan, the rate of health issues increases every year and according to the World Health Organization, Pakistan ranks 122 out of 190 countries with regard to health care. There are many widespread diseases that are uncontrollable and untreated due to the vast population and poverty issues. The diseases vary from mosquito-borne diseases such as dengue, malaria and chikungunya to major deadly ones for instance cancer, ischemic heart disease and HIV/AIDS. However, apart from these widely known diseases, mental health is also a serious health issue in our country. Not only a majority of the patients are undiagnosed, but the ones who need help are not treated properly because of the lack of mental healthcare facilities.
The reasons behind the poor health of people are as following:
- Overpopulated cities: the increased growth of people is prone to numerous health issues, such as the chances of spread of infection are higher in a place where the proximity between the people has intensified.
- Unsafe drinking water: the lack of access to safe water is a reason behind many diseases such as diarrhoea, cholera, typhoid fever and chronic diseases like cancer. The contaminated water is hazardous for everyone’s health, especially for children.
- Lack of adequate sanitation: poor sanitation allows transmission of illnesses for instance cholera, diarrhoea, dysentery, hepatitis A etc. The diseases coming from germs and worms cause 4% of all the death as estimated by the World Health Organization.
- Absence of health awareness: knowledge about the diseases is an important element in our life as it can help people prevent the illness or the worsening of the situation. However, the lack of awareness, due to the absence and unavailability of accurate information, keeps the people away from seeing a physician and getting their symptoms treated.
- Insufficient health facilities: the shortage of healthcare resources has a major impact and consequences in the lives of the patients as well as health professionals. To meet the needs of the patient, a health system must have access to all resources and know-how to make use of it.
- Poverty: it is the main reason behind the illnesses and deaths of poor people who are not capable enough to afford health care facilities and treat themselves. It is also the inaccessibility to good quality of food and life that puts the people of rural areas in a vulnerable position.
In light of providing the population with proper treatment and adequate health facilities, the government of Pakistan has launched many programs to allocate people with all types of health care services that they require.
Not to forget the leading health issue in Pakistan, that is a mental health disorder. The unavailability of experienced mental health professionals and lack of proper treatment has deteriorated many individual’s mental health from old times and even today, mental health is treated as a stigma, has contributed to damaging many people’s lives. But now, there are many social firms and online sites that offer mental health services and encourage the patients to come forward and discuss their issues. If a person is hesitant in going out and meeting the consultant in person then he or she can hold a meeting with their counsellor, psychiatrist or psychologist and conduct online therapy.
Before moving on to other things, a person must know what is the role of our mental health and why does it have to be maintained?
Mental health is the state of being mentally and emotionally sound, which results in a person to work productively and identify his potential. It has an effect on our thinking, emotions, moods and behaviour. Mental health disorders can occur from any age of childhood to adulthood. Mental health should be taken seriously as it can have a powerful impact on our daily lifestyle and our ability to function properly. If it remains untreated, then the condition worsens with time. It is necessary to keep a check on our mental health and maintain it to live a trouble-free life. Here’s what you can do to maintain the wellness of your mental health:
- Learn to cope with the stresses of life
- Do physical exercises and work out
- Maintain good relationship with people around you
- Work effectively
- Find new skills
- Get enough sleep
- Eat well
When To Consult A Psychologist?
There are certainly major and minor problems associated with mental health disorders that should be resolved through the help of mental health professional. Relive Now is at your service to grant you with telemental health services. Visit the website and book a session with well-known psychologists right away. Qualified mental health professionals are available to listen to your problems in an online therapy session and suggest solutions to make your life better. Now, the real question is what signs indicate that you are suffering from mental health disorder? Here are some warning signs that a person should be aware of:
- Extreme anxiety and fear
- Rapid heartbeat
- Change in appetite
- Difficulty concentrating
- Excessive use of drugs
- Feeling low, lost or worthless
- Chronic aches or pains
- Incoherent thought patterns
- Increased feeling of irritation
- Avoiding social gathering and people
- Lack of motivation
- Mood swings
- Changes in sleep pattern
- Suicidal behaviour
Taking therapy is an appropriate way to point out your mental health concerns to a skilled mental health professional, who then suggests coping strategies and exercises to manage your issues. Therapy comes with a number of benefits as it allows the sufferers to:
- Grasp the changes in their behaviour, moods and emotions that contribute to the symptoms of mental health disorder and learn how to amend them.
- Express their thoughts and emotions to someone who is ready to listen to them.
- Create a bond, based on empathy, with the counsellor, psychiatrist or psychologist who are taught to be compassionate and listen without any judgement.
- Learn new skills with the help of their counsellor who uses skill-based approaches to identify an individual’s capabilities.
- Get to know themselves better. Therapy helps a person in self-exploration and personal growth that can boost confidence and bring clarity in their life.
- Improve their nature with the help of personality tests issued by the therapist. It requires a lot of effort and determination but the outcome is for your own benefit.
Sit-in meetings or online therapy both have the same objective which is to identify the patient’s problems and help them tackle their issues. If you or your beloved people seem to show any signs related to mental health concerns then do not delay anymore and seek help through Relive Now and prevent the severity of mental health problems.